Small Business Development Website Programs
These programs can be found on the governments website:
Below are the funds available as well as the applications forms, guidelines and requirements that are downloadable.
Click on the links below to view more information on each of the funds as well as templates and contact details for the government departments.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with:
- Business Plans
- Compiling the correct documents
- Submitting the application
Blended Finance Program
Downloadable word document as well as digital application form below:
The Programme entails availing capital to SMMEs on a blended basis:
- Debt funding (which attracts interest on the loan amount dependent on the risk profile of each SMME), blended with.
- Conditional grant funding. (this is a grant – therefore there no interest on this capital & the capital is also not repayable (Note: this is provided that the conditions of the grant are met by the beneficiary SMMEs)
The two main criteria for access or to be considered for the Blended Finance Programme are:
- The SMME must be creating or maintaining a minimum of 10 jobs
- The jobs created must be sustainable i.e. the jobs created must remain in existence for a continuous period of at least 3 years
Once these two conditions are met sefa will then determine how much the SMME will qualify for should the application for funding be approved
How to apply for the programme?
- Draft your Common Funding Template/Business Plan or proposal, and
- Complete the sefa application form which can be downloaded from the sefa website at sefa.org.za
- Submit this business plan together with the completed sefa application form and supporting documentation to your nearest sefa access point / or email it to sefa
Contact Details for SAFA Client Liaison Centre
T: 012 748 9600
F: 012 748 9791
Additional documents required for applications:
- Proof of ownership of the enterprise: (A registration certificate if any – optional)
- Certified ID copy of (representative) owner
- Stamped Bank Statements or Letter
- At least three (3) competing and comparable quotations including delivery charges from different service providers who are either registered on CSD
- In case where there are two or less quotation for the given interventions, the quotations will be sourced from suppliers registered on the central Supplier Database (CSD)
Shared Economic Infrastructure Facility (SEIF)
Is a sub-programme of the Black Business Support Development Programme (BBSDP) aimed at assisting black-owned small enterprises in improving their competitiveness and sustainability, in order to become integrated into the main economy.
The programme is a 50:50 cost-sharing grant made available on a reimbursable basis, where DSBD makes a contribution of 50% towards the qualifying infrastructure project upon the completion of agreed milestones. The programme is capped at a maximum grant of R5 million (VAT inclusive) per qualifying applicant. Guidelines have been amended to also accommodate special projects for deserving projects to be assisted even without collateral.
012 394 1794
082 745 1794
Informal and Micro Enterprises Development programme (IMEDP)
The Informal and Micro Enterprises Development Programme is a 100% grant offered up to R80k to informal and micro-enterprises to assist them with improving their competitiveness and sustainability in order to become formal businesses and part of the mainstream economy with turnovers from R1k to R200K. Capped to R 10 000 for 2019/21
012 394 1794
082 745 1794